The Kaunghmudaw Pagoda; Yaza Mani Sula Kaunghmudaw is a huge pagoda in the shape of a perfect hemisphere, on the northwestern outskirts of Sagaing incentral Myanmar. Modeled after the Ruwanwelisaya pagoda of Sri Lanka, Construction began during the reign of King Thalun on 25 April 1636. The pagoda was completed 12 years later on 12 May 1648 towards the endof Thalun’s reign. The enormous dome is 46 m (151 feet) high and houses a large White marble Buddha statue, a massive seated 7.3 metres (24 ft)-high, carved out of solid white marble. in its center. It is believed that the dome was built later around the massive statue using 10126552 pieces of bricks. The lowest terrace of the pagoda is decorated with 120 nats and devas. It is ringed by 802 stone lanterns, carved with inscriptions of Buddha’s life in three languages: Burmese, Mon and Shan, representing the three main regions of Kingdom. The pagoda dome has been continuously painted white. According to local lore, the relic chamber of the pagoda contains the lower left tooth relic of the Buddha, 11 hair relics, an alms bowl, statues, pagodas made of rubies, gold, silver and other relics.